Saxophone Forum

by Kelli
(3 posts)
19 years ago

Appraisal on Sax

I do not know much about saxophones but I was willed a sax. The sn # 110658. Right below that number, it states low pitch then below that it has the true-tone bell trade mark. Just by the SN #s, I believe the saxophone was made bewteen the years 1922 and 1923? I do belive that the case it came in is orginal. I have everything for it; neck strap and several different mouthpeices. I wish someone would help me with a little history on my horn and a value. kelli

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Kelli
    (3 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Appraisal on Sax

This is Kelli Again... The horn has beautiful ething on the front that states The Buescher Elkhart, IN The SN # is again 110658. What do I have and could someone give me some history behind this horn?

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Appraisal on Sax

The keywork on most of the early Bueschers is virtually identical to the Conn models of the same era (keys on the same side of the horn, etc.), probably due to the fact that Mr. Buescher used to work for Conn -- and one of the owners of Conn was on Buescher's Board of Directors for years. The True-Tone horns may have a similar look to a Conn, but they have a darker sound, no rolled tone holes and lighter key play. the serial number you have I believe points most closely to 1923. These are great horns, and in good shape are worth a bundle.(mint it would be worth $900 fer an alto, 1200 fer a tenor)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM