Saxophone Forum

by tobster16
(2 posts)
4 years ago

Neck for Superba II Bari Sax

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Superba II Bari Sax (Low Bb) at an auction and am in the process of getting it restored. It was made around 1977, I believe (SN: 77113). The only serious issue with this horn is that it did NOT have the neck with it. 

I am looking for a neck that will work with this horn. If you have any ideas or any leads on a neck I can purchase, please let me know. Thank you!  

Toby Knight 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

4 years ago

Re: Neck for Superba II Bari Sax

I was just in your same position.

I picked up a 1954 Buescher Aristacrat Big B bari locally. The lady I bought it from was very short, so her neck strap did not work for me. I picked up a Yamaha Baritone neck strap off the woodwind brasswind site. for around 25 bucks delivered. The neck area is very cushie and stretches. I play a lot of tenor, but I am just starting to play a bit or Bari. I am very happy with the neckstrap.

Go to their site and enter baritone neck strap.

Good Luck

Reply To Post

1. by tobster16
      (2 posts)

4 years ago

Hello,

Thanks for your response, but I am looking for the saxophone NECK not the neckstrap.  

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
        (644 posts)

4 years ago

Sorry about my inability to read!!

I think these were marked H Couf and made by Keilwerth.

Do some research and the model horn you have may have a cheaper version that would work for you. Like a cheaper version Keilwerth horn.

A Bundy neck works with my Buescher. Not that this helps you, but there may be a repladcement option for you out there.

Good Luck

Reply To Post