Saxophone Forum

by leonardsores
(1 post)
4 years ago

I wanna start playing the saxophone and I'm in my early 20s. Wher

I have almost no experience in playing other instruments and I'm not exactly sure if this is the right subreddit to ask this kind of question. I also want to know how hard it could be when it comes to learning an instrument at an older age than most

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by JonHuff
    (117 posts)

4 years ago

Re: I wanna start playing the saxophone and I'm in my early 20s. Wher

Early 20's is nothing, I see a lot of people that don't start playing well into their 40's or 50's. You get out of it what you put in, meaning if you practice, you'll develop, and if you don't, you won't. There is no "right" age to start, you can definitely begin at any time.

Reply To Post

2. by furinkasan
    (5 posts)

3 years ago

First of all you need to find a good teacher. I would try talking to a local music teacher or go to a music store. You might end up going through a few teachers before you find a good fit. Also check out. Musikalessons.com Good luck!

Reply To Post

3. by furinkasan
    (5 posts)

3 years ago

I just copied and pasted this message from another reply: First of all you need to find a good teacher. I would try talking to a local music teacher or go to a music store. You might end up going through a few teachers before you find a good fit. Also check out. Musikalessons.com Good luck!

Reply To Post