Saxophone Forum

by Brendan607
(1 post)
4 years ago

1962 Selmer Mark 6 Bari Sax Serial number 996987

As im sure a professional like yourself knoe 1962 selmers are top of the line. They just sold one on eBay for $8200.  Guitar center offered me $7000. But they need 2 weeks to get the money together. And I dont have the time. I'm open to minimal haggling. Original case and new pads. Playslike a dream. I hope we can both make a pretty penny off this so I can bury my father. It would be a shame if i have to drive all the way to new york City to collect the $7000 they offered. Or have to wait until it sells on eBay for around $8000. The one that sold for $8200 was in much worse condition than mine. I hope we can come to an agreement sir. You can reach me at [email protected]. or call my cell 607-760-6562. Call anytime. I dont sleep I suffer from insomnia. Hope we can work out a deal. Best wishes sir. 

Respectfully yours,
Brendan J Morris
Email: [email protected]

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
    (644 posts)

4 years ago

Re: 1962 Selmer Mark 6 Bari Sax Serial number 996987

If this wasnt a scam, its still way over priced.

Firstly, its not a French Selmer.

$5500.00 is what it should sell for if it was a french selmer.

$8000 retail during a pandemic is not going to happen.

If you are willing to buy this, make sure it is delivered prior to paying.

He sounds desperate and should understand.

Good Luck.

Stay alone and practice!!

Reply To Post

1. by mijderf
      (282 posts)

4 years ago

Brendan, your answers are over on SOTW where you also tried to present this as a Mark VI Paris Selmer.  I think the answer was that this is not a Mark VI, it is basically a Bundy Baritone that is probably worth less than $1000.
      There is no way Guitar Center offered $7K, and they would not need 2 weeks to get the cash.

Reply To Post

1. by historicsaxwhisperer
        (644 posts)

4 years ago

I see Brendan put his horn in the trading post here.

A 1962ish Mark VI Bari was what I was looking for awhile back. I almost picked one up for 5600 but then my Buescher Big B came my way. Ironically, what Brendan has here is a newer version of my Big B, after Selmer USA aquired Buescher.

I am sure Brendans horn is close in value to the 1000 I spent on my Big B.

Reply To Post

1. by JonHuff
          (117 posts)

4 years ago

The trading post ad on this website has been pulled. The owner can ask any price he likes, but it was not correctly represented, as noted above. Anyone in this thread can contact me if they have any questions.

Reply To Post

2. by mijderf
          (282 posts)

4 years ago

You may be right whisperer, looking at the finish in this SOTW thread:

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?371800-1962-Selmer-Mark-VI-Bari-Sax-Serial-number-996987

I was thinking maybe $800.  Not that much different than $1K. 

Reply To Post