Saxophone Forum

by CountSpatula
(602 posts)
19 years ago

Squeeeak T__T

I recently ordered a Dukoff D8 mouthpiece, and i used a 3 1/2 Java Vandoren reed with it, and i squeaked horribly, so I tried a Medium hard LaVoz Reed, which helped a BUNCH, but I still get an occasional squeak...anyone know a way to prevent that? Maybe if I went up to a Hard reed instead of medium hard or something?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Roccosm
    (113 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Squeeeak T__T

Hi count, I just responed to Your reply about the Guy looking for a MP. I suggested a meyer. I had the same MP Dukoff and had the same problem, It was a hard Mp to control for Me and I finally gave up and went to My meyer M5, I am telling You it is the MP not the reed's, it is a Bitch of a Mp to Control, friend..Rocco

Reply To Post

2. by Tenor_Guru
    (25 posts)

18 years ago

Sometimes it's all in the reed. Maybe even softer... For me, a W2 Bari Alto (9 facing) MP with soft Bari reeds. By Bari, I mean the brand. If you can't find a good reed then fall back on the mouthpeice. I haven't tried the Meyers, but Selmer Soloist, the vintage kind, are great.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by CountSpatula
      (602 posts)

18 years ago

Wow this is an old post i thought it was gone forever. I've been playing on my dukoff every day now and I just think it was me maybe because I never squeek now and its awsome mouthpiece=).

Reply To Post AIM