Saxophone Forum

by Brassy
(2 posts)
19 years ago

Weltklang Bari

Hi, anyone know this bari sax? Brand is Weltklang, 1950ca, 3286 serie, rolled toneholes...

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxHog
    (28 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Weltklang Bari

Made by Richard Keilwerth. He left Amati and founded his own co. - mainly clarinets but did stencil saxes for Weltklang Co., most notably baris.

Reply To Post

1. by Ratstar
      (4 posts)

18 years ago

I don,t have a reply . mi apologies, I,m just trying to get info on mi own sax came across this sight joined and here i am.So while i,m ere it,s a Weltklang solist soprano #6562 made in GDR.

Reply To Post

2. by [email protected]
    (10 posts)

18 years ago

This GDR facctory also produces saxes stenciled 'Champion', 'Berg Larsen'and 'Elkart'.. I plyed a Larsen Barie for about 20 years and it (and I) - did a lot of gigs around the UK in those years. It was a very nice 'free blowing sax' and I never had any trouble with it - even though it was a very 'cheap to buy' barie at the time. I also had an Elkart (note no H) it had no intonation problems and did good service for a long time. If anyone finds one in good condition it is worth going for. Happy blowing

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

3. by [email protected]
    (10 posts)

18 years ago

This GDR facctory also produces saxes stenciled 'Champion', 'Berg Larsen'and 'Elkart'.. I plyed a Larsen Barie for about 20 years and it (and I) - did a lot of gigs around the UK in those years. It was a very nice 'free blowing sax' and I never had any trouble with it - even though it was a very 'cheap to buy' barie at the time. I also had an Elkart (note no H) it had no intonation problems and did good service for a long time. If anyone finds one in good condition it is worth going for. Happy blowing

4. by [email protected]
    (10 posts)

18 years ago