Saxophone Forum

by hehe23
(5 posts)
19 years ago

Sax named "American standard"!!

i found one tenor saxophone American standard High Grade.. made by Clev. Mus. Inst. Co. ser. numb. B 767, i dont know how old it is, and is it a good saxophone, looked by the internet, but could not find nothing... maybe someone can tell me something about this!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Sax named "American standard"!!

American standard was made by HN White/king saxophones, intonation may be a bit iffy but once set up should play fine Dave

Reply To Post

1. by hehe23
      (5 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks, it's one of the king saxophones.. made in 1931 - 1933. it sounds fine. I must find another mouthpiece and reeds to play jaaz on it. Is there some mouthpiece recommended on such an old saxophone?!

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

18 years ago

I have got a few old alto's, the oldest is a 1927 buescher true tone and i use a metal berg larson. I dont hold with the theory about you have to use a vintage mpc on a vintage horn. If its set up correctly you can use what you want. The only ones that are a bit picky are the conn 10m tenors which seem to prefer a larger chamber mpc. I have one and 2 chu's and the chu's aren't picky whereas the 10m is slightly picky Dave

Reply To Post