Saxophone Forum

by The_§ax
(147 posts)
18 years ago

Sax Cases

Hey Guys, I just wanted some of your opinions on what are the best cases? I have a (Keilwerth Stencil) Armstrong Heritage, and I havent been able to find a case for it. The case that it came with is very VERY strong, but ways a tonne, which is not very good from getting to and from school. It has the general keilwerth features, with the larger bell and bow. I was looking at the walt Johnson cases, but i already know that the Hiscox doesnt fit.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Sax Cases

I have a Walt for my Conn Naked Lady '48. I can say without doubt it is the best case I have ever owned. When I bought it from WWBW(I think I bought it here sorry I can't be for certain) they actually asked me what horn it was for and stated they Walt did specific inlays for the horn when you bought. That sounds crazy but it does fit like a glove on the horn . There's not much space inside the case, I have to put my reed case in the middle of the bell and horn body. I guess I am alwayas scared it will do damage but it is plastic. I keep 2 mouthpieces in it in the space provided. The locks are like Selmers flight cases so there are sweet. It also looks realy nice, very black. It comes with a nice little baggy for your neck. I would give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, the only drawback is I wish it could hold 2 mouthpieces and a reed case in the space provided. 250 is alot for a case, but just remember how special your cargo is. I think my sax could take a fall off a shelf and be fine. I am not planning to do that test but your wellcome to and tell me how it goes. Haha. Oh I almost forgot, yes they are very portable and light. Probaby can cary an alto, tenor(both in Walt cases), portable stand, and a random woodwind and not topple over.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM