Saxophone Forum

by thekidd
(10 posts)
18 years ago

Conn 16M and 1925 Buescher True Tone

The guy that has these is willing to give me both for $570. Is it worth it? This seems to be the best way for me to get both a tenor to start playing on, and upgrade my alto. Any thoughts?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Conn 16M and 1925 Buescher True Tone

Well as both of those horns sell for more then that separately, I would say so... What year is the 16M? or just list the serial number and we can tell you. Woot! Old saxes changing hands! Treat them good, remember your just the keeper till you sell them to someone else! An important note: I guess I have to ask, how is the body, really all that causes value to go down is dents or soder work. Pads can be replaced, of course you would have to pay for that above the asking price.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by thekidd
      (10 posts)

18 years ago

The Conn is a 1963. The bodies of both are in good shape, no dents or solder work. Wasn't sure if this was an ok year on the Conn or not, but I figured for the price and since this will be the first time i've touched a tenor for more than handing it to someone else it would be a good place to start.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Is it worth it? Well, the 16M is a great horn, and that model would have been built in Elkhart, Indiana. The Buescher True Tones were a great sax in their day, and have a sweet tone. 1963 was still a pretty good year for Conn. Even if they need some work, pads, etc, that's a very good price for both horns. The Buescher alone is probably worth that if it is in good shape. The Conn 16M wouldn't be worth quite as much, but they play very well and have a nice tone.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by thekidd
          (10 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone. I went ahead and told him I would take them both.

Reply To Post