Saxophone Forum

by KCSaxGal
(46 posts)
18 years ago

Need Christmas music suggestion

I have been asked to perform something at the work Christmas pagent. Get this... they want something a la Kenny G *puke*. Anyone know if there is any Kenny G Christmas Music out there? Or something Kenny G'ish? I own an alto and a tenor but I prefer something for tenor. Though I could transpose if I needed to. At most I will have a piano and or drum set to accompany.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Need Christmas music suggestion

I think Let it snow would be cute. You can kick up tempo. and create some nice solo space for you and the piano. I played Played We Three Kings on somebody's Christmas tape, but that might be too religious. You can get those songs anywhere. Jingle Bells or Rudolf could be fun. Can you get off it a record or do you need music? I wish that I could be of more help. Let me know your progress :)

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by selmer 4evr
      (309 posts)

18 years ago

Try !!Lo how a Rose er Blooming!! and play with it a little in speed and variations , you will find the open chord structure very interesting as well as the melody line . If this fails try,,,, A variation on Green Sleeves,,,, by Von Williams

Reply To Post

1. by YanagisawA-901
        (312 posts)

18 years ago

^^^ greensleeves is a good one i like that a lot.. maybe do an arrangement of 'the christmas song' ?? everyone knows that one.. and id prefer a balladish/slow solo piece if it the spotlight was going to be on me.. but then again, thats just me lol

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by SaxAppeal
          (67 posts)

18 years ago

Greensleeves or Sleigh Ride I know where a basic copy of greensleeves is where you can add whatever you want to it....kinda of slow but it sounds really beautiful.

Reply To Post

2. by SaxAppeal
          (67 posts)

18 years ago

Reply To Post

3. by Radjammin
          (255 posts)

18 years ago

Kenny G really isn't so upbeat. I would think more Christmas ballard. My fav is I'll be home for Christmas.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

4. by mattMrozinski
          (35 posts)

18 years ago

not really sure who kenny g is... but my jazz band at school plays a book called the first christmas gig or something and its got a bunch of 1 page tunes, we play go tell it on a mountain, jingle bells, away in a manger, silent night, deck the halls, etc etc. anyways i think its arranged by paul clark but it may be andy? and theyre just red books.

Reply To Post

5. by Radjammin
          (255 posts)

18 years ago

Try www.windmusicplus.com shows the lead sheet for everything. I was happy with the Quartet piece I bought the Christ Jazz #3.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM