Saxophone Forum

by Baunitdabaun
(3 posts)
18 years ago

Can Someone Identify my Conn's Year?

I just picked up this alto: Underslung octave key w/microtuner Rolled tone holes Naked lady on bell S/N: 6M VIII 291696 L Action is perfect and plays like a dream... Anyone know the year this was made?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Can Someone Identify my Conn's Year?

1940 Dave

Reply To Post

2. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

As Jim on this site says, That's the "greatest alto ever made". Seriously, If you know all that about the horn, woudln't you know how to type in www.cgconn.com? The offer a serial number list on Conn's web site. Overall you seem quite knowledgeable about your horn already.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by Baunitdabaun
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

I've looked online for info about it and have found conflicting information about the serial numbers. I guess it hadn't dawned on me that conn's site would have a list. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

18 years ago

It's really no inconvenience. The serial number list on the CG Conn website is fairly new, actually. Dr. Rick's site also has serial number lists for several different makes, and a lot of other useful information. www.drrick.com Radjammin, Even though some things may seem a little obvious to those of us who have been using computers for a while, you have to understand that many people may not have a clue where to look for such information. The purpose of this site is to share information and help each other out. God knows I have spent many hours searching for information to answer a questions for other Saxquest members that they probably could have found the answers to themselves. Sometimes I do this just to learn the answers and satisfy my own curiosity. Baunitdabaun, welcome to Saxquest, and if you ever have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Baunitdabaun
          (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks Jim It's not so much that I'm not computer savvy, but I was having a hard time finding a s/n list that I could trust (they all differ slightly). I had looked on the Conn site for serial numbers when I was first looking at the horn to no avail. Anway thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Reply To Post