Saxophone Forum

by tee196
(31 posts)
18 years ago

Belmonte mouthpieces.

Ok, i just got my new tenor sax yesterday at a local music shop (a jupiter artist). While i was there I asked if he had any jazz mouthpieces so he gave me a metal (silver) Belmonte mouthpiece, i played on it and loved it. Does anybody have anyexperience with these and know which reed is best to go with this (right now im using a medium synthetic bari which paired with the mouthpiece is a little much i think the edge on it is crazy. Any suggesstions for better reeds possibly a vandoren java or vandoren ZZ?? I dont know. This is my first mouthpiece besides the one i played on at the school which was like a goldentone (which stunk for jazz) So yeah comments would be helpful. Also if anyone has tips on how to control the mouthpiece better that'd be great too. So far all i can do is loud and louder. Thank you. ~tee196

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxmike777
    (6 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Belmonte mouthpieces.

I just posted my own post asking about this same type of mouthpiece...In my opinion its a great mouthpiece, the reeds which i found were best for it were the Rico Plasticover reeds, these reeds in my opinion are easier with jazz mouthpieces such as the Belmonte, so yeah, i reccomend those reeds.

Reply To Post