Saxophone Forum

by queen of the saxes
(9 posts)
18 years ago

Buesher Aristocrat

hey, I have found a great Buesher Aristocrat w/ serial # 26635x. It's description reads as following: A stunning transitional Aristocrat Alto w/ new satin silver plate and gold bell interior. It has a rare #3 neck and it says it has good intonation w/ a sweet rich tone. I am looking for a new sax on a semi-professional level. I am only a high school student, but my band director says a new sax and a better mouthpiece will help me make allstate. I now have a selmer 300 student model, that i got when i was in 6th grade. I don't really know much about vintage saxes. I was wondering if this would be a good deal for me. I hope to use the sax to tryout for college bands. The price range is around $2000 for this sax. Do you think i should go vintage or go out and buy a modern pro sax? Please any input you may have will help. Thanks alot, -Lindsey

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Dave Dix
    (421 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Buesher Aristocrat

Thats a 'NEW ARISTOCRAT' model from 1933 and are superb and the description is correct also they are quite rare but i would go for a slightly later horn by buescher , the series 1 aristocrat or the next one the big B and it will do you for life. These horns are classed as pro horns and for good reason , a lot of modern horns are classed as professional but would not be as good a quality as the vintage student lines Dave

Reply To Post

1. by queen of the saxes
      (9 posts)

18 years ago

Last night I found an offer for a Selmer AS80 series II alto for $500 less that the Buescher. The selmer is classified as a modern pro horn. It's only had 1 owner and it's about 14 years old. Do you think i should go w/ this sax or the Buescher? Now I am playing on a Selmer 300 student model. I know selmer is a good name in the sax business. Thanks, -Lindsey

Reply To Post

1. by Dave Dix
        (421 posts)

18 years ago

Selmer paris are the pro horns , selmer USA are not and have nothing to do with the paris france factory and usually sorce their instruments from Taiwan and possibly china Dave

Reply To Post