Saxophone Forum

by ekuzia
(3 posts)
18 years ago

Buesher True Tone Low Pitch

I have the Buesher Sax Ser# 172191 which was my Father's. It appears to be Silver plated with brass Keys. My guess is that is is vintage 1930-40. What do I have?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by paulwl
    (5 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Buesher True Tone Low Pitch

Serial number dates it to 1924. The keys are probably gold plated (unless the plating is all worn off VERY evenly - not likely!) Now to the type of sax you have. If it's about 22" long with the neck attached, it's an Eb alto. 28" or so and you have a C melody, 32" and it's a Bb tenor. A straight horn about 25" long is a Bb soprano. Those are the most common...the are others.

Reply To Post

1. by ekuzia
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply! It is 28" long so it must be an Eb sax. The plating is actually very even on the keys so It must be Gold plated rather than Brass. I just assumed it was brass because I simply don't see gold plated stuff very often. My Father played in Polka Bands when he was young so the instrument has been used, but, I think it is in good shape. What puzzles me is that he had the instrument reconditioned in the 1960s and basically in storage since then, but there is very little evidence of tarnish. It was stored in a dry attic.

Reply To Post

1. by Sax Mom
        (964 posts)

18 years ago

At 28 inches, it is likely a C-melody. Very good for playing along with piano or organ, as they are in the same key.

Reply To Post

1. by ekuzia
          (3 posts)

18 years ago

Oops, I misread the first reply. As you say it must be a C melody.

Reply To Post

2. by sohumlo
          (2 posts)

18 years ago

Hello, I have a buesher C melody? sopprano sax serial #128242. I'd like to sell this any suggestions would be welcome. Excellent pitch very true tone. thx b.

Reply To Post

3. by sohumlo
          (2 posts)

18 years ago

Hello, I have a buesher C melody? sopprano sax serial #128242. I'd like to sell this any suggestions would be welcome. Excellent pitch very true tone. thx b.

Reply To Post

2. by charless9833
        (7 posts)

18 years ago

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR C SOPRANO SAX? E-MAIL ME AT [email protected] . THANKS, CHARLIE

Reply To Post