Saxophone Forum

by CountSpatula
(602 posts)
18 years ago

Lost wax resin Alto mpc

The guy said it makes for a good lead alto mouthpiece, and I want to buy one but theres two sizes I believe are 5 and 6...anyone know the tip openings for them? I emailed the guy but he wont ever mail back.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GregLauer
    (37 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Lost wax resin Alto mpc

the lost wax alto pieces are desigend to be like the old new york meyer mouthpieces the 6 is a larger tip opening i suggest getting that.....but in all honesty i would see about trying before buying 300 for a mouthpiece is expensive the only solution for lead alto is practice long tones and overtones to boost your sound changing to a louder piece doesnt always get the best results learn to blow thats what i enevitably had to do i quit searching for a louder and louder piece and just practice playing loud hopes this helps

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
      (586 posts)

18 years ago

well $300 isn't much if you know what you're looking for, and you know it is what you're looking for. but it's $200 too much to spend on getting louder. If you're not loud now, or don't have the control you need, a new piece isn't going to give you that. Plus, my link is very tempermental and hard to control at times, it takes a little getting used to. my opinon.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by CountSpatula
        (602 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks a lot. I haven't bought the mouthpiece yet but I'm not sure if I will. My teacher gave me a Beechler Diamond Inlay...its a lot louder than my vandoren java and super session. I don't know if I Can play any louder because the louder I try I get very flat...

Reply To Post AIM