Saxophone Forum

by sirlamda
(6 posts)
18 years ago

looking for conn 6m pivot screws and locking pivot screws

hello everybody, everything is in the topic . Can anybody help me to find, buy or order them ? I need them to overhaul my horn (see my profile) ; I've mailed to Connsaxman_jim who seems to be here a Conn sax master but I had no answer...are you there ? or anybody else knowing something about my quest ? Thanks a lot.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

18 years ago

Re: looking for conn 6m pivot screws and locking pivot screws

Hi, Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. I was able to buy a few of those screws from a guy on Ebay. They are somewhat hard to find. I tried to find them in a couple different catalogs and didn't have much luck. Try emailing [email protected] They may be able to get those screws, or have some idea where you could get them. I only have about a dozen left, and I really hate to part with them. If you are only need a couple and are unable to find them anywhere else, I could probably send you a couple. Jim

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Lefty
      (21 posts)

18 years ago

Jim, I'm so glad that you're on this; frankly, I'm glad you're on the planet. But on the subject--people, trust your local horn mechanic. I've been in the trade for 31 years. I have an accumulation of these older Conn things. I sell them cheap, give them to good customers. If your local guy doesn't have them, show him some love and have him get them: Music Medic, Kraus Musical Products, Jeff Smith, etc. Leave the instant-gratification horse in the barn. By wanting to do business with the local guy, he'll want to do business FOR you. Yeah, I know, the local guy is really in the aluminum siding business and just does horns when the weather is bad. And I would consider having Steve Goodsen work on my saxes if his shop were down the street. But he's not, and he's not likely on your street, either. But start with the local guy. Wow! What a rant!! Lefty

Reply To Post

1. by sirlamda
        (6 posts)

18 years ago

Hi everybody ! I thank you a lot Jim, but I've found and ordered them (Musicmedic...I'm waiting now...)....and I've found some other parts from a very damaged 6m in France... Lefty, my local tech is a good guy, even a friend, and he offered to find them for me...but I am faster than his good feeling ! (I hope that I can say that in english and that is easily understood...)...but mainly, I'm sure now that he doesn't really understand these old horns like me ; I can say that after several years of contact, trade and repairing... I prefer now to do the job myself...so I'm looking for what I need...

Reply To Post

1. by chiamac
          (586 posts)

18 years ago

I was looking for one a while back for my 6m, the guy at Feree's (i didn't spell that right) said the best thing to do was just some clear fingernail polish down the empty hole. Yes they do make new ones (as you know) but for the price they just aren't worth getting.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM