Saxophone Forum

by straightj23
(103 posts)
18 years ago

Tenor Sax Feature

Thanks for your help on finding a good bari sax feature. Now, how about tenor sax? Are there any good tenor sax features out there? Have you played any of them in your jazz bands? You may also suggest awesome songs with tenor solo(s) in them. (any difficulty level, just as long as it's good) Thanks for your help!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxyQue
    (13 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Tenor Sax Feature

hey... could you send me whatever that feature was for the beri sax??? I luv that sax..and can't find much that wants to highlight it. So help me out too... lol. Thanks. Q

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by SaxyQue
    (13 posts)

18 years ago

hey... could you send me whatever that feature was for the beri sax??? I luv that sax..and can't find much that wants to highlight it. So help me out too... lol. Thanks. Q

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by straightj23
      (103 posts)

18 years ago

For the baritone sax, the song was called Moanin' played by the Mingus Big Band. It is a crazy song! Still waiting for help on good tenor features. Any suggestions?

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by SaxyQue
        (13 posts)

18 years ago

Well Im not totally sure about a tenor solo...but one of my favorite musicians is ..Maynard Ferguson. He does alot with every one of his musicians..and one of his songs that features a 1:05 sec. solo with beri sax is... COCONUT CHAMPAIGNE... its a wonderful song..hot solo..check it out.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Tsaxkid
          (29 posts)

18 years ago

One song you might try is Sing Sang Sung (Gordon Goodwin's arrangement of Sing Sing Sing). On the CD Swingin for the Fences its a clarinet solo, but I have seen professional jazz bands just have the tenor sax player take it. Although it's not a feature, it's definately a big solo. Also, I just wanted to say that the local high school jazz band recently played Moanin' by Mingus and I thought that was an interesting coincidence.

Reply To Post