|Location||Minneapolis, MN, USA|
|Affiliation||Inver Hills Community College|
Dr. Scottie W. Wright
University of Minnesota School of Music
• D.M.A., August 2010, Saxophone Performance
• Studied with Dr. Eugene Rousseau
• Graduate Assistant of Dr. Rousseau
The Peabody Conservatory of Music of The Johns Hopkins University
• M.M., May 2001, Saxophone Performance
• Studied with Gary Louie and Dr. Christopher Ford
The University of the Pacific Conservatory of Music
• B.M., May 1998, Saxophone Performance
• Studied with Dr. Donald DaGrade and Dr. Miles Ishigaki
• The Works and Styles of Fernande Breilh-Decruck’s Music for Saxophone: A Comparison (D.M.A. Document)
o Based on original period documents and manuscripts relating to Breilh-Decruck’s life and works, as well as traditional secondary sources.
• Hildegard von Bingen’s Ordo Virtutum. (Masters Thesis)
• World premiere performance of Richard Pearson Thomas' "Vishnu Schist" for Baritone Saxophone and Piano (commissioned for Scottie W. Wright), Columbia University, New York City
• Semi-finalist, 2012 McKnight Fellowship for Performing Musicians, Minneapolis
• Performed on Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra Engine 408 New Music Concert Series
• Performed with Merce Cunningham Dance Company at Walker Art Center, Minneapolis
• Performed local ensembles including Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra, Minnesota Philharmonic Orchestra, Monmouth Symphony Orchestra
• Solo performance with Chamber Music Midwest, Richmond, Wisconsin
• Performed with student ensembles including University of Minnesota Symphony Orchestra, University of Minnesota Campus Orchestra
• Solo performances on Women Composers Concert Series, various locations in New Jersey
• Solo performance at Korean Consulate General Cultural Office, New York City
• American-Russian Young Artists Orchestra, member. Toured U.S., Russia, and Eastern Europe
• Winner, University of the Pacific Concerto Competition
• Finalist, Fischoff Chamber Music Competition
• Finalist, Coleman Chamber Music Competition
• Finalist, Carmel Chamber Music Competition
• Lecturer, North American Saxophone Alliance Biennial Conference 2012.
o Presented an hourlong lecture on the life and saxophone music of Fernande Breilh-Decruck.
• Teaching Specialist, Inver Hills Community College, January 2011-present.
o Teach college level saxophonists.
• Graduate saxophone assistant, Eugene Rousseau studio, 2008-2010.
o Taught all elective and secondary saxophone students.
• Private saxophone instructor, 1995-current.
o Students subsequently accepted at Interlochen Center for the Arts, Crane School of Music, University of Arizona, Montclair State University, Eastman School of Music , and others.
• Guest performer, high school saxophone master classes.
• Music theory teacher, Baltimore School for the Arts, 1999.
Groups and Affiliations
• Member of the Twin Cities Saxophone Quartet
• Member of the Talos Duo, saxophone and percussion duo
• Member of the North American Saxophone Alliance
• Member of the American Federation of Musician Local 30-70
||I am available for beginner to advanced saxophone instruction for students of all levels. I welcome students from age 8 to adult. Please feel free to contact me.|
||I have been teaching saxophone since 1995 and am currently the saxophone teaching specialist at Inver Hills Community College in Minnesota. My students have been accepted into programs such as Interlochen Center for the Arts, The Eastman School of Music, Crane School of Music, University of Arizona, and Montclair State University. From 2008 to 2010, I taught saxophone at the University level as Dr. Eugene Rousseau's graduate assistant.|