What do you think about lavoz reeds ?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jamterry
    (573 posts)

18 years ago

Re: Lavoz reeds

Excellent reeds!!!!! That was the reed I upgraded to from Rico when I was a kid. I remember my teacher asking me if I could pay a little more for reeds. At the time La Voz tenor reeds were $.45 a piece. I was told that Rico was junk :) I use La Voz and Vandoren traditional. Best of luck to you :) Terry

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by Albop
      (7 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you Terry

Reply To Post

2. by toneus
    (4 posts)

18 years ago

good reeds, easy playing. Only sometimes you just need to throw a new reed away. it just won't play good. That's why I buy them by boxes instead of eaches... TIP: check the rounding of the tip of the reed against the tip of your mouthpiece for example Vandoren reeds fits better on a Selmer moutpiece than la voz does. I play Lavoz on my * Bariton Ber Larsen ebonite , * Tenor Otto link metal, but I play Vandoren on My Bariton Selmer Ebonite. In the end it is a matter of taste and personal preference...

Reply To Post

1. by classysax91
      (7 posts)

18 years ago

I really don't like La Voz reeds. I pay the extra money for Vandoren blue box because I can't stand rico or la voz.

Reply To Post

3. by Donnie The B
    (282 posts)

18 years ago

My first sax teacher preferred LaVoz to Rico and others. But he said the most important part was individual reed selection. My old music store used to let me go through boxes and pick out the singles I wanted. I was supposed to look for uniformity in the cane fibers near the tip, without thicker strands extending out just in spots. You have to hold it up to a good light to inspect properly. Make sure to wet the reed thoroughly and press the tip onto the face of the mouthpiece and hold it flat with your thumb for a minute, so there are no wrinkles. Then re-wet the reed and line up on the mouthpiece so that the tip of the reed comes very near to the tip of the mouthpiece and is even left to right on the rails. Use your ligature properly for your mouthpiece and ligature type. Also matching the reed to the mouthpiece is important. If you use a medium hard on a Selmer Soloist C* you should consider a medium on a Link 7* - and so forth. The more open the tip, the softer the reed, I've heard. Good Luck.

Reply To Post

4. by Shai Berkovich
    (12 posts)

18 years ago

Best Reeds Best Reeds For Tenor I played On Soft Best reeds !!!!

Reply To Post