Saxophone Forum

by newbie
(3 posts)
18 years ago

need info on name brands

Please help need info on Cecilio sax, any good our am i wasting my time and money?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Radjammin
    (255 posts)

18 years ago

Re: need info on name brands

I can't say I have ever been tempted by them, There just too cheap. I have to admit I have been tempted by the Grand Saxophone name brand in the elcheapo chinese horns. Anyone know how long they take to fall apart?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by newbie
      (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thank you, big help i do believe we will stay with the bigger names. Hate for my son to lose inters. due to shotty instruments.

Reply To Post

1. by Radjammin
        (255 posts)

18 years ago

Best deal and still get a quality horn is a Yamaha Alto Sax 23 also known as a YAS-23. You can get them used as low as $400. Might have to take it to local shop to get it checked out. Nothing wrong with buying your kid a used horn. Saxophones aren't DVD players, they last longer then 2 years.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by Radjammin
        (255 posts)

18 years ago

Hey if your still here newbie, In the trade section there is a nicely priced yamaha, www.saxquest.com/tradeDetail.asp?TradeID=10203 He is asking 350 and he said he just had it worked on. Sounds like a good deal to me. I do not know the guy at all so your on your own. Just thought I would point it out in your price range.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by newbie
          (3 posts)

18 years ago

Thanks for the help will check into it.

Reply To Post

3. by Donnie The B
        (282 posts)

18 years ago

I'm sure you've bought a horn by now if you were going to. But just in case, I second the opinion about Yamaha 23 for fairly cheap and reliable. Don't buy just cheap. See the section on high school horns and Jim's approved brands list elsewhere. Good Luck.

Reply To Post