Saxophone Forum

by bankox
(4 posts)
18 years ago

what do you think about new berg larsen today?

i'm interest berg mpc. but many people told me new berg is low standard . what do you think?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barisax999
    (400 posts)

18 years ago

Re: what do you think about new berg larsen today?

they arent bad, but not as good as the old ones. bergs have a huge sound, but they arent as full as the old ones.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by CountSpatula
      (602 posts)

18 years ago

Just make sure if you plan on getting a berg that you try a few before you buy...

Reply To Post AIM

1. by Donnie The B
        (282 posts)

18 years ago

I have heard that the reason people say try several before you buy is manufacturing irregularities. If this is true, should we not consider a more handmade approach like Ralph Morgan or Patrick Springer? See the Springer Mouthpiece site at : www.springermpc.com I am very tempted to try one, since these great names of the past may have no relation to current greatness. What do you guys think? Later

Reply To Post

1. by blackfrancis
          (396 posts)

18 years ago

I've had several Bergs, both old and modern, and quality was variable on all of them. I liked the modern one less than the old ones as regards both facing and shape. Like the Count sez: try before you buy. Now the Morgan- that's a different story. A great quality piece that I heartily recommend! (but it doesn't sound like a Berg...)

Reply To Post

2. by Shai Berkovich
        (12 posts)

17 years ago

One Year Ago I play on Berglarsen i Change For SPT OTTO LINK becouse the berg is very close for me Berg larsen is good Company For Mpc ( not for reed) But the price is very highFor me preferable otto link

Reply To Post

1. by saxplaya81
          (110 posts)

17 years ago

I definately prefer the vintage bergs over the modern, take a look at the berg website, they're recreating the vintage berg. I'm kinda tempted to get one just to compare it with my vintage. Scoop bill of course.

Reply To Post