Saxophone Forum

by tenor562
(297 posts)
20 years ago

theory stuff help needed

Ok, I have this piece of music that I need to practice for tomorrow. What are the definitions of Allegro Giocoso? I'm sorry if it's really obvious, but my theory and understanding of music is kinda low right now. What about sub. molto. I'm pretty sure what those are, but I want to make sure. I also have a B trill, should I trill up to C? It kinda sounds weird when I do. It's in the key of C for tenor. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by wvujazzman
    (48 posts)

20 years ago

Re: theory stuff help needed

I found this on the web: "Giocoso (Italian: jocular, cheerful) is sometimes found as part of a tempo instruction to a performer, as in allegro giocoso, fast and cheerful. The same Italian adjective is used in the descriptive title of Mozart’s opera Don Giovanni, a dramma giocoso. " As far as your other questions, sub. is short for subito, which means suddenly. Most often used in dynamic markings, such as: sub. P - suddenly soft. Molto means "much" or "a lot", as in molto ritard. Hope this helps, Eric

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
      (297 posts)

20 years ago

yea, it did. I ended up getting first chair : ). Thanks a lot!

Reply To Post

1. by saxgrobie
        (86 posts)

20 years ago

Hey congrats! And if you are still wondering about the trill, you should probably try the alternate C fingering. Its the B fingering with the lower right-hand side key. I have to do something similar on a solo. Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM