Saxophone Forum

by clarinet1st
(11 posts)
19 years ago

Buescher Aristocrat

The quality of the Buescher True Tone series of saxophones is well documented. Any comments about the Aristocrat? I have a Buescher Aristocrat alto sax, seriel #349XXX (circa 1954). Althugh it lacks ornate engraving, it plays like a dream.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Buescher Aristocrat

those are also very great horns!! The link below will get you som great info on those horns! www.saxpics.com/buescher/index.htm

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by clarinet1st
      (11 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks for the link. Unlike the photos shown in the link, my Aristocrat has no engravings. The link provided shows Aristocrats with elaborate engravings. What is the history / timeline on Buescher saxes?

Reply To Post

1. by knighttrain
        (31 posts)

19 years ago

Clarinet1st, Try the Vintage Saxophone Value Guide (under Saxophone History) at Saxgourmet.com for an interesting recap on Buescher (and other) models.

Reply To Post

2. by alto07
      (1 post)

17 years ago

I myself have an alto Buescher Aristocrat. I have no idea how old it is, but it was my father's, then my brother's, and now mine. It has been in the repair shop countless times and has no original pads, and the paint is tarnished off... But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I also don't have any fancy-pants engraving... In fact, I can't even make out the serial number! My saxophone has lasted 8 years of me playing it, four of those in marching band, and it still plays quite well.

Reply To Post

3. by jaroba
      (6 posts)

17 years ago

I have a Buescher Aristocrat 400 top hat & cane tenor and it's one of the best horns i have ever owned and played. To me it plays as well as a Selmer, King super 20, or any killer vintage horn. I could answer some questions for you about the horn.

Reply To Post