Saxophone Forum

by Mactenor
(102 posts)
19 years ago

Need input regarding King Super 20 Silversonic Tenor

How good are these horns? How do they compare to Conn 10M and Buescher 400 TH&C? I would really appreciate your input........Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by blackfrancis
    (396 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Need input regarding King Super 20 Silversonic Tenor

I've never had tha pleasure of a Silversonic, but I have played the Super 20 and the 10M. Both have a rippin' big sound and a lot of soul. My two favorite tenors! How good? REALLY good. A hard choice, but one you'll enjoy making.

Reply To Post

2. by connsaxman_jim
    (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Need input regarding King Super 20 Silversonic Tenor

I've never played a Super 20 Silversonic Tenor. I own a Super 20 however, and I have played the Silversonic alto. The Super 20 really screams! It's bright and has more projection than the Conn 10M or the Buescher 400. I have all 3 actually. The Buescher and the Conn are very similar sounding, although the Buescher is a little darker sounding. I think the Conn 10M has the most versatile tone. Sometimes the King is a little too bright and too raspy, and the silver on the Silversonic just enhances the brightness. As far as the quality, they are all very comparable. All have a very good action and feel. It's really more a matter of preference.

Reply To Post Yahoo!