Saxophone Forum

by BDJazz2018
(2 posts)
5 months ago

Thoughts on the cannonball alcazar vs Yamaha 480

Hello, seeking advice for a saxophone for my highschooler that focuses on jazz but also does concert band. I'm on a budget so I'm trying to get the best that I can find for her. I found a cannonball alcazar for a very good price and then there's also a Yamaha 480 that is also around the same price point. Which do I choose for her? She loved the Yamaha 62III but that's just out of the question$$$ right now. Thoughts, advice, and suggestions? Please help. Thanks! 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by jesse628wallick
    (1 post)

3 weeks ago

Re: Thoughts on the cannonball alcazar vs Yamaha 480

Yamaha saxophones are known for their excellent build quality and durability. They are often considered reliable instruments that can withstand the rigors of regular use, making them a popular choice for students. Cannonball saxophones, including the Alcazar model, also have a reputation for good build quality, though some players may have varying opinions on their durability compared to Yamaha.
    Each saxophone model has its unique tonal characteristics. Yamaha saxophones are typically known for their balanced and consistent sound across all registers, making them suitable for a variety of musical styles, including jazz and concert band. Cannonball saxophones, on the other hand, may offer a slightly different tone that some players find more vibrant or colorful.
    It ultimately comes down to personal preference and what sound your high schooler prefers.
    Both Yamaha and Cannonball saxophones are generally praised for their playability and ergonomic design, which is important for student musicians. Consider having your high schooler try out both models, if possible, to see which one feels more comfortable and responsive to them.
    While resale value might not be your immediate concern, it's worth noting that Yamaha saxophones tend to hold their value well over time due to their reputation and widespread popularity. Cannonball saxophones may have more variability in resale value depending on the specific model and market demand. 
    https://www.maxim-timeclock.com

Reply To Post